High accuracy liquid level and interface level detection
The LMT Series of level transmitters is a modular range of field mounted, advanced microprocessor-based electronic transmitters, utilizing multiple sensor technologies. Accurate and reliable measurement of liquid level and interface are provided in even the most difficult and hazardous industrial environments. The LMT100 is also available with optional temperature measurement.
The LMT200 is based upon the magnetostrictive principle such as:
- The device electronics generates a low energy current pulse at fixed intervals.
- The electrical pulses create a magnetic field which travels down a specialized wire inside the sensor tube.
- The interaction of the magnetic field around the wire and the magnetic float causes a torsional stress wave to be induced in the wire. This torsion propagates along the wire at a known velocity, from the position of the magnetic float and toward both ends of the wire.
- A patented sensing element placed in the transmitter assembly converts the received mechanical torsion into an electrical return pulse.
- The microprocessor-based electronics measures the elapsed time between the start and return pulses (Time of Flight) and converts it into a position measurement which is proportional to the level of the float.
- Calibrated from the factory
- High Accuracy: .01% of Full Scale or +/- 1.27mm
- Never Requires Re-Calibration: Set It & Forget It
- Easy setup with waveform display
- Not affected by agitation, foam or emulsion layers
- No oscilloscope required
- Designed to Mount Externally to K-TEK KM26 or other Magnetic Level Gauge
- Superior Sensor (Patent #5,473,245)
- Local Indication with HMI Display
- Dual Compartment Housing with Separate Field Terminal Compartment
- Loop Powered to 15.24m (50ft) Probe Length
- Total and/or Interface Level Measurement
- Temperature Range: -195.5 to 426.6ºC (-320 to 800ºF) with options
- Field Replaceable / Upgradable Electronics Module
- Built-in RFI / EMI Filter
- Digital Communications
- Online Self-verification
- Two Level Indications
- Glass Viewing Window
- 316 Stainless Steel Enclosure
- Built-in surge protection