Director of Finance and Administration
Tundra Process Solutions Ltd. provides world-class products and services for industrial and commercial process applications in Western Canada. Tundra represents world-class manufacturers of
water, boiler, artificial lift, piping, motor & drive, instrumentation, automation & valve equipment, and they service industries such as oil & gas, mining, pulp & paper, power
producers and many more. Tundra employees are eager to make the Clients experience one that is second to none.
Tundra is looking to add a Director of Finance & Administration to their rapidly growing company. This position will be based in Calgary and will report directly to the Chief Operating
Officer. The successful candidate has managed a variety of functional teams including Information Services, Accounting &Finance, Inventory and Research & Development. The environment
where they have worked to their full potential is one with an open door, open mind and collaborative approach to business.
Tundra offers a base salary and a generous compensation package. If you are looking for a secure and highly regarded company as well as the ability to grow personally and professionally then
Tundra Process Solutions is the company for you!
- Complete budgeting, reporting and cash flow forecasting for the Executive Team.
- Oversee Inventory Management and the reconciliation of same.
- Take the lead in documenting procedures as it relates to functional responsibilities.
- Manage a team in excess of 4 direct reports (20 total reports) including Information Services, Accounting & Finance, Inventory and Research & Development
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Establish procedures for custody or control of assets, records, loan collateral, or securities to ensure safekeeping.
- Examine, evaluate, or process loan applications.
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or the company Executive.
- Recruit staff members and oversee development of the direct reports.
- Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Prepare all supporting information for the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Handling department specific legal communication/requirements and contract management.
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a Director of Finance in a company in excess of $250 million in revenue. A Manufacturing and/or Distribution environment would be preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills US and CDN GAAP. Total understanding of ASPE financial reporting
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and internal stakeholders by providing financial expertise and advice that supports the achievement of the business
- Experience in acquisitions and amalgamation & consolidation of financial systems.
- Experience in legal correspondence/requirements, contract management, Insurance and reviewing/developing terms & conditions.
- Integration of multiple systems including but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning (E.R.P.) and C.R.M.(Customer Relationship Management) programs.
- Capable of managing special projects and analysis as requested by and required for the organization.
- Ability to easily communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Displays excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Highly self-motivated individual with ability to also motivate others.
- Ability to mentor team members on effective processes, controls and best practices related to the financial operations and modern controllership principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Displays a passion for continuous learning and development.
- Wants to work in an environment that rewards initiative, fosters open communication and practices a ‘Work Hard – Play Hard’ approach to life
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com quoting Director of Finance & Administration in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an